Friday, September 14, 2012

The Cord

While I was still pregnant all the doctors and nurses kept telling me to make sure Korby got a picture of the girls umbilical cords.  I even had my nurse offer to take the pictures for me during the operation. 

After the girls were both out, Korby had a chance to take a picture of the cord, but the doctor was holding it up over my open and exposed abdomen.  He didn't quite have the stomach to take a picture of that, and he figured he would have a chance to take a picture of it later.  

Well, that didn't happen.  They started untangling it right away and as they started my doctor made this comment:

"I'm really disappointed with your cords Jennifer."

Apparently it was very unimpressive!  

For how much worry and stress these babies caused us on the monitors, their cords were not the tangled mess that everyone assumed they would be.  They were short and twisted up, but there were no big knots and they weren't wrapped around any part of the babies.  

Sooooo...

No picture of the cord.  

Not a very impressive story.  

Sometimes disappointing is a good thing!    

No comments:

Post a Comment