Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Small Victory

I am learning to appreciate the little things while being here at the hospital.  Or maybe there is just so little going on, that I appreciate anything these days :)
Part of the policy of being a patient on this floor is that the nurses are required to check on you every 2 hours, including throughout the night!  When I asked why they had to do it the answer I got was: We just check on you to make sure you are asleep.  Really?!?  Well, it's hard to sleep when they are the ones who keep waking you up. The hospital doors are very large, heavy and they latch closed~ which means that they do no open or close quietly.  As you can imagine~ this gets very annoying!

But..... I talked to one of the doctors and they agreed with me that I do not need to be checked on throughout the night.  So, I now get to have this sign on my door between midnight and 6am!  I just got the sign today, so I am actually really excited to go to sleep tonight and not have any interruptions! 

It's the little things like this that are helping make this stay tolerable instead of miserable!



4 comments:

  1. It looks like Shayden decorated the door sign :)
    Enjoy and full night of sleep tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of the biggest reasons I hate hospital deliveries...I value my sleep. ;) I'm glad you won that victory and will be able to sleep a little better in the coming weeks. You're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I found your blog from Beneé and am glad to be able to follow your progress. I want to come visit you soon; I could even come at a time between Vivian's naps and bring her to see you. Tell me what you think about that. Text me or email me, rebeccabarber1@gmail.com

    Have the best weekend possible in the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you were able to get that on your door. That was one of my biggest complaints while on bedrest at the hospital. Hopefully that will let you get a little more sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete