Saturday, August 11, 2012

Observation

My kids never cease to amazing and surprise me.

Since the beginning of this pregnancy we have been talking to the kids about what makes this pregnancy different, what the doctors are looking for, why mom will have to be in the hospital so long, etc.  Along the way we showed the kids this picture:




It is a picture of the umbilical cords from mono amniotic twins.  As you can see there is a knot at the top and it almost looks braided with how twisted it is.  This is more than likely what our babies cords will look like as well.
It is a very good visual reminder of why I am here.

The other day when Korby and the kids came to visit, we were getting off of the elevator to go to the cafeteria and Jackson made the comment:

"Hey mom, this tree trunk looks like your umbilical cords."


I pass by this tree up to 10 times a day and I have never given it a second glance.  It always surprises me how observant my kids can be.  It is also a good reminder of how easily they pick up on things and how good their memories are.  

I now look at the tree trunk every time I pass by it and give my growing tummy a pat.  Every time I can pass by it with these babies still safe inside is a good thing.  

Quick baby update:  

We had a growth scan this week.  Baby A is 2 lb 1 oz and Baby B is 2 lb 4 oz
We are in the 2 lb range!  Yahoo!!!!!



2 comments:

  1. Yikes! We've been gone all week so when the first thing I see when I open the blog is a picture of umbilical cords, I thought you had had the babies! Thank goodness they are still inside and growing bigger and stronger every day. :) (And thank goodness you didn't have the babies without anyone calling to tell us!)

    ReplyDelete