Sunday, July 29, 2012

27 Weeks

One more week closer to our goal!!!!  Only 5 more weeks until we hope to bring these little girls into the world.  It's crazy to think that I have already been here for a week.  Hospital life.... what can I say about hospital life....  It definitely has it's ups and downs.

I don't have a lot of complaints so far.  I am getting used to the nurses schedule (like coming in at 6am  to check my blood pressure) and I am starting to know what I do and don't have control over (like needing to state on a daily basis that I do NOT need to be wheel chaired down to do monitoring because I am capable of walking myself).  However, the food.......  uggghhhhh....... the food!  I'm not sure I will be able to survive 5 more weeks of hospital food!  I am able to go to the cafeteria which widens my selections a little, but I have a feeling even that will become monotonous pretty quickly.  I am definitely missing freshly prepared food.  It's hard to enjoy a chicken breast when you know it was boiled with about 500 other pieces 3 hours before it is brought to your room under a warmer.  Oh, the sacrifices I am making for these babies :)  A little more serious~ the hardest part BY FAR is being away from my family!!!!  I miss my kids, my husband and my home so much!!!!  Korby is trying to bring the kids up as often as he can, but even when it's every day it is only for an hour or so.  I'm used to my older kids being at school and playing with friends, but little Vivian! It is breaking my heart to be away from her!  I'm used to her being with me all day and I am missing her so much!


On the brighter side~ yes I am trying to find the positive things about being here too.  All of the nurses, doctors, staff are so friendly and nice.  Everyone that I have had contact with so far (which is way too many to count or remember them all) has been very pleasant.  I am sleeping great (a major plus!)  It is AWESOME not to have a single thing to clean!  I have a beautiful view of the mountains.  And the best of all, is that so far these babies are doing great!!!  

Hopefully the next week will be as uneventful as this past week :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, little Vivi! That must be so hard to be apart from her. I know you miss the rest of your family too but she has been your little sidekick for the past year.
    One week down! You are doing so great. I wish I lived closer so I could bring you a yummy lunch every day- salads, fresh sandwiches loaded with veggies and deli meat from your favorite grocery store and lots of tasty baked goods! I love you! Hang in there and, as always, call me any time!!!

    ReplyDelete